There wasn’t anything average about today at PJP Buttonwood, primarily because we sold 600 half price tarts in under five hours. Holla to the flash sale. Or holla to the Pajama Jam sales fail. Either way, because it made our Tuesday completely unexpected (and if the last day of January should be anything, there are worse things than unexpected).
Here are a few other things worth noting…
- We finished out January fairly strong, ending up 27% over January 2016. There are likely a variety of reasons why we did better this January than last, but WHO CARES BECAUSE JANUARY HAS FINALLY REDEEMED ITSELF. January, I can’t even hate on you that much. (In all seriousness, I would say cutting way down on payroll, hosting parties, and catering some large events probably had more to do with it than any lingering hate I might have had for last January.)
- Also, I’ve already done the math and have a general idea of what we need to do in sales each business day in February to be 27% above last February. And yes,I’m basically competitive with my own self in this scenario. And yes, that makes me sort of crazy.
- We have some fun things in store for February…Epic Pie Tasting goes on sale tomorrow (planned for February 23rd), a Valentine’s Date Night Baking Night event (planned for February 10th), and we will be at the winter wedding show on February 12th at the Holiday Inn Expo Center (rescheduled from the ice storm that never actually happened). We are also making some fun videos with Aaron Ottis, partnering with a group of MBA students on a fun new project, and oh, also relentlessly chasing #worldpiedomination.
- Before I forget, we’ve also partnered with CrateJoy, an online box subscription service. This will allow our customers to purchase a box of Jelly Jar pies on a recurring basis as a gift for someone (either a three, six, or 12 month period). In short, it is an awesome way for someone to receive different Jelly Jar pies each month and CrateJoy provides the technology for billing the recurring service. I set up our page myself and I’m more than a little pleased with myself, so take a look here.
- And this has nothing to do with anything really, but I’ve spent five days or so trying to explain Internet memes to Jeanne. So, I’ll leave this here for her…