For the better part of the summer, Jeanne has been taking Tuesdays off from PJP. And for the better part of the summer, I’ve missed her terribly on Tuesdays. (Rest assured, the chapter I eventually write on co-dependency is going to be EPIC.) In the interim, here are a few other items of note from PJP lately.
- When I took the trash out this evening, the bag from the trash can near the dough rolling table was so heavy that I had to drag it out the door and across the alley. And then I couldn’t heave it into the dumpster. So I left it propped up next to the dumpster with a post-it note that said “I’m sorry. I can’t. Don’t hate me.” Odds are likely that the trash men (trash persons?) are totally NOT going to catch the Carrie Bradshaw reference.
- I’m considering getting a business card printed with “I’m sorry. I can’t. Don’t hate me.” and just handing them out as the need arises. That would be pretty awesome, actually.
- All of the kids that work for us are handing in their fall schedules and I’ve started to work on the big picture of our staffing as we roll into the fall months. Two observations: a) we are going to need to hire more help, and b) I’d rather do almost anything at 8 am on M/W/F than take a class on building databases. Or anything at anytime than take a class on building databases.
- I’m not one to dole out book recommendations to the masses (especially non-fiction recommendations), but I just finished reading Elizabeth Gilbert’s Big Magic and if you consider yourself a creative person at all, READ IT. I borrowed it from the library, but have ordered myself a copy because I want to make a lot of notes in the margins. I am a total nerd that way. Email me when you are ready to discuss the book (and not my nerdiness).
- You would think I would have a fifth item of interest, but I don’t. I’m sorry. I can’t. Don’t hate me.